You might not know it, but 2017 has been a big year at LeanSentry.
Over the last 5 years, we’ve helped over 10,000 customers take control of production issues in their Microsoft web stack. All the while, we’ve been flying “under the radar” while working out the kinks in our product and our business model.
We are getting ready to come up for air, more on that shortly. In the meantime, here is what we’ve been up to.
What’s new in 2017
Here are the highlights:
LeanSentry now diagnoses ALL typical IIS & ASP.NET production issues
LeanSentry can now detect and diagnose most production issues that affect IIS, ASP.NET, MVC, WebAPI, WCF, or Classic ASP applications.
- Performance degradation.
- Memory leaks & excessive GC.
- High Cpu.
- Excessive restarts & recycling.
If your application experiences problems in production, chances are LeanSentry will be able to catch and diagnose it for you.
Improving customer success with LeanSentry Business tier
Production performance is a complicated business. We’ve realized that in order for a customer to truly benefit from LeanSentry’s capabilities, we need to help more with the initial learning curve, and give them better access to our expertise whenever issues arise.
To do this, we’ve rolled out our new Business tier plans. These plans deliver a much stronger value to organizations by improving engagement and skill building teams need to fully benefit from our diagnostics.
These plans come complete with:
- Full diagnostic arsenal. The entire diagnostic might of LeanSentry, both in breadth and depth.
- Onboarding. We make sure LeanSentry is configured properly and gives you the best results in your environment.
- Training. Help your team become experts in troubleshooting your stack, resolving common issues, and proactively optimizing your apps with LeanSentry.
- Advisory support: enhanced access to our expert team for rapid issue resolution and best practice guidance.
Get the basics at https://www.leansentry.com/pricing and reach out to us for an in-depth consultation.
LeanSentry diagnostics give you unparalleled power to diagnose and analyze performance of your web apps.
However, this has little value if noone is using these diagnostics, which can happen if your team is too busy to look for them, or does not know how to apply them in a valuable way.
Proactive insights are a better alternative to simple alerting, instead focusing on creating value through diagnostic insight.
With this, LeanSentry will notify you when there is a high value way to use the insights it obtains, such as to proactively improve performance, reduce operating costs, etc.
And a ton of features you asked for.
- Best-in-class Classic ASP support. Classic ASP applications are still many, and now LeanSentry provides comprehensive monitoring and diagnostics for teams who are still running them. This includes line-level slow request tracking, realtime cpu tracking down to page and line of code, hang diagnostics, cpu and memory analysis, and more. If you are running Classic ASP apps, nothing else comes close.
- Slow operation tracking, helping narrow down where your requests slow down and giving you the ability to add custom debugging information to any operation in your code.
- Real-time CPU monitoring, including tracking CPU usage down to individual page/action, and further down to operations in your apps.
- Advanced diagnostics for tough situations: 100% cpu loops, native memory usage, comprehensive thread analysis for hang diagnostics, and many more.
- Performance score, the YSLOW for your server-side code. It is a proactive way to assess overall performance of your applications across dozens of IIS, ASP.NET, and .NET best practices. Things like GC, threading, compression, response buffering, context switching, and more. We’ll even tell you specifically where in code the issues are, and how to improve performance.
We’ll cover many of these features in upcoming posts, so stay tuned.
2018, here we come!
We have an exciting plan for this year. Expect to hear more on that as the year unfolds.
And if you have not tried LeanSentry yet, give it a try at www.leansentry.com, you will not regret it.